AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a TW100, and now that I see the HS10 and Z1 at much lower price points......it makes me think that I payed too much for possibly the same quality!

For those who actually now own a pj, do you feel that you truly receive a better product ( customer service, clarity, electrical components, etc) if you pay more.

·
Registered
857 Posts
its pointless thinking that way .. PJs with new technology will come out every 6 months +- .. What are you going to do when you buy HS10 today and in 5 months something better for lower price comes out .. Complain again??

enjoy what you have now, and in couple of years down the road, you will upgrade again for something MUCH MUCH better than those that bought HS10 or even AE400 months after your TW100 purchase ..

·
Registered
95 Posts
You really need to love what whatcha got! I purchased a TW100 also but felt that it was not alot of PJ for alot of money. Fortunately I was able to see many PJ's during my trial period and made a different choice. I'd say "...blame it on the dealers!" If they'd carry more PJ's, we as the consumer could make better decisions.

I ended up with the AE300 and am pretty excited that I got a PJ that I feel has a better image for less the half the price.

BTW, try a Panny RP82 DVD player...it makes a great picture for only a couple of hundys.

Cheer up...your screen is probably bigger than your neighbors! :D

Jason

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
Well, that is just the nature of technology. Look at the computer industry.

I would also like to add that PJs are like other things in life....the increase in performance does not equal the increase in price. Those projectors that cost say $8000 are not 4 times as good as the AE300.

Whatever the case, if I were you, I would not feel regret about buying the TW100 despite these new projectors coming out. You have agreat projector and should be happy you have it and can enjoy it.:)

·
Registered
85 Posts
...is stop reading this forum!! 8) Seriously, almost everyone here is a complusive freak, myself included. As other have said, there will always be bigger, better, faster, cheaper stuff coming "real soon." I made my peace with this for computer technology years ago. You can not have the very "best" without buying the newest product generation, and that will just land you in the poor house. By good technology at a fair price, and then enjoy it until it proves inadequate. For you, that it is at least 12 to 24 months from now.

I suggest that you go watch a few hundred movies and come back when the bulb in your TW100 goes...I am sure many of us will still be here, and HT might even have a projector by then. 8)

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.