AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you recommend buying a warranty with Martin Logan or any speakers for that matter? This being bought from Newegg in all likely hood.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
I would want to have something in place in case they're DOA.

Is this warranty through Newegg? Are they not using any warranty through MartinLogan? If it's an extended warranty, I wouldn't bother, but I generally don't bother with them for anything.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would be an extended warranty.

·
Registered
784 Posts
See if you can get a free extended warranty with your credit card if you register it with them. Many visa and amex cards have this. Other than that 3rd party extended warranties tend to be worthless. If you do get one make sure you read the fine print...

·
Registered
379 Posts
I just bought a pair of open box Paradigm speakers and I was dreading the conversation with the sales rep regarding extended warranties. I was surprised when he didn't even mention it. It was only when I got home that I realized the speakers come with a 5 year warranty. Just checked online and ML's also come with a 5 year warranty. Speakers are one of those things (in my mind) that just work after the first few months (unless you abuse them). If they really do go after 5 years then perhaps you can use that as a reason to upgrade...

·
Registered
9,938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaavenger /forum/post/20851069

It would be an extended warranty.

Not worth it, IMO. As mentioned, MLs would have five year warranty anyway.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljo000 /forum/post/20851219

See if you can get a free extended warranty with your credit card if you register it with them. Many visa and amex cards have this. Other than that 3rd party extended warranties tend to be worthless. If you do get one make sure you read the fine print...

Once got a extended warranty from visa when I picked up a Sony monitor, but it didn't work out when some bad thing happened. I would consider extended warranty twice.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticalism /forum/post/20851605

Only if purchased from an Authorized seller.

For something like MLs, I wouldn't purchase from anything but an authorized seller. I've been burned by not adhering to that before.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.