AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a lot of people who seem to think they will regret a purchase due to concerns about burn-in, HDCP, 4:3 stretching, lack of inputs, whatever... Now's the chance to show how few have regretted their purchase.

Oh, if you do regret the purchase, please explain why. I would regret buying an Alis panel too, if I had. :)

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ROFL, that's hillarious. I mis-clicked and voted that I was disappointed in the purchase. Can I change my vote? Was that a little freudian-click on my part? :)

·
Super Moderator
21,497 Posts
I love my plasmas- would never go back

Mark

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Love mine too, no regrets whatsover. (Well OK, one, which is how the NRS sucks with a 503CMX). Jury still seems to be out on that one.

·
Registered
273 Posts
It's more of a feeling of, "I wish I had gotten a better one..." or "I wish I had waited for the cool one about to be released..." rather than a feeling of regret.

My biggest problem isn't having spent the money, but feeling odd about retiring a $4000 TV when I get the next one ;)

-Dave

·
Registered
698 Posts
No regrets here!!!Felgar....do you regret your plasma purchase? BM

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
The only regret I have is that it looks so damn good, it made watching my pj a miserable experience. So I had to go out and buy a new pj. A new plasma and pj puts a bit of a dent in the bank account :( However, I am enjoying them both immensely.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To set the record completely straight:

NO, I do NOT regret my purchase. I'm completely happy. Forum mods, can you change my vote?

I feel like I'm in that episode of West Wing where Donna wanted to trade votes because she messed her vote up.

What happened is that I was deliberating on whether to post a negative or positive question. "Are you happy with your purchase" or "Do you regret your purchase" And then I was wondering wether to put positive or negative on top of the poll itself. When it was all said and done I got all mixed up and voted wrong. I didn't even realize I was confused until after I clicked submit. Then it was like, "Oh crap, I can't believe I just voted wrong!" *blush*

Anyway, hopefully you all have a good laugh. I did. :)

·
Super Moderator
21,497 Posts
I changed the poll as follows:

regret was 2 changed to 1

no regrets was 23 changed to 24

Mark

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
And my positive vote is despite all the hassles I've had with it.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ROFL!!! No, I just work at a place where I (and everyone else's) IQ drops instantly by 50 as soon as I walk though the door. I can feel myself becoming "dumified." Sad really. Anyone else work at an environment like that?

Thanks for changing it though Mark, much appreciated.

So who voted negative then?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I LOVE MY PLASMA!

I only wish there were more anamorphic wide screen DVD's and HD programming.

Bill

503CMX/5002

Sony HD-200

Panasonic DMR-HS2

·
Registered
170 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Felgar
I just work at a place where I (and everyone else's) IQ drops instantly by 50 as soon as I walk though the door. I can feel myself becoming "dumified."
When you go in, or when you come out?

·
Registered
674 Posts
My only regret is not being able to spend more time playing with it. I have no regrets about having spent $7100 back in May for it and it now going for $5000. Even for the limited use that it's seen, I've enjoyed it more than a bunch of the other toys I own and when you consider the rate of my depreciation on my 740i, a couple of grand is no big deal...well ok it's a big deal but one I can live with.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Definitely going in. I am usually moderately intelligent, but not when I'm at work. Sigh.. Weekend now though! No more work talk!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.