AVS Forum banner

Usually, do you run your subwoofers with or without the grilles?

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Wow, those might be, wait....probably are....wait, definitely are, the coolest speaker stands I've ever seen!

I don't like stand mount speakers and strongly prefer tower....but I have to admit that looks *very* cool!
Thanks Bear123,,,, had them custom built out of Walnut and Maple. I Am concerned though once my "ported" Funk LFE's are delivered next week that i may need to upgrade my whole front sound stage to keep up. The Chanes are "very" good in their price range but thats asking a lot from them.

Reactions: jamiebosco

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
What speakers are those? They look really nice? I thought for a second they were the same ones I have, Def Tech SM65 but after carefully looking they are not I don't think.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Chane A2.4's.

·
Registered
7,727 Posts
Thanks Bear123,,,, had them custom built out of Walnut and Maple. I Am concerned though once my "ported" Funk LFE's are delivered next week that i may need to upgrade my whole front sound stage to keep up. The Chanes are "very" good in their price range but thats asking a lot from them.
How about JBL's HDI 3600/3800?

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
How about JBL's HDI 3600/3800?
They look really nice especially their center channel, as their so new i'll do more digging,,thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
What is that strange event I see on the screen? It doesn't look familiar to me anymore.
Sad but true. That picture was taken last October. Fingers crossed they'll be back in some form.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Nice setup! I really like the multiple screen setup you did. Nice touch.
Thanks. I'm a bit of a College Football nut, long wanted a way to watch multiple games simultaneously. I put that together about 7 years ago now, built the speakers/subs/AV stand last year.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Without

Without, even with my cat

Attachments

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
^ Yes they are. Found the woodworker (who operates out of eastern Canada) on the Etsy website.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Half my subs have grilles and half my subs have no grilles. Not enough choices in the poll. :p

·
Registered
20 Posts
Usually, do you run your subwoofers with or without the grilles?
Have 3 younger kids running around the house so I keep grilles on any subwoofers to protect the cones from incidental damage. Also use grilles on my dual 12's inside my truck, even though they're downfiring the grilles keep debris away and prevent accidental damage from a foot or a kid's toy.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts