1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
You left out the other pertinent part of the poll ---

Panasonic will not fix the floating blacks

Panasonic will not fix the rising blacks

Panasonic will not fix either the rising or floating blacks

Or at least put in "None of the above" in your list of choices.

Larry

·
74 Posts
Our only foreseeable short-term hope for a stop to rising blacks will be if Panasonic have adopted the "isolated-prime" technology xrox explains in this thread . It's the only (known) potential fix that Panasonic holds the patent for.

If that hasn't been implemented in the 2011 models, our next hope will probably be a refined ageing process which will slow and limit the rise considerably - courtesy of the ex-Pioneer techs that now work for Panasonic.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I think it will be slowed down, but it will still happen. The floating blacks better be fixed or I will lose a lot of respect for Panasonic.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I seriously don't see the floating blacks. It's not a problem if you don't recognize it. Same with rising blacks. But feel free to make a big deal out of it if you want. The only thing bothers me slightly is the buzz.

·
Registered
22,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshredder27 /forum/post/19548157

I seriously don't see the floating blacks. It's not a problem if you don't recognize it. Same with rising blacks. But feel free to make a big deal out of it if you want. The only thing bothers me slightly is the buzz.

Ditto. The poll really should be about whether anyone actually perceives either as a "problem" that needs to be fixed. Nobody here has any knowledge of what Panny will or will not do.

·
Registered
105 Posts
It doesn't matter if you perceive it or not, both floating blacks and rising blacks need to be dead and buried. Panasonic is only PDP manufacturer that has rising black levels, that's why some people make a big deal out of it.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Another vote for Panny will fix nothing. Sammy will get serious consideration for my next purchase.

To above who don't notice, good for you! The rest of us visit this site to get the best out of our displays, and we don't like to have to watch movies with all the lights on so the lousy blacks can be acceplable. Turn off all the lights and then watch your TV, tell me if you like those blacks still.

·
Registered
170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier1 /forum/post/19549831

Another vote for Panny will fix nothing. Sammy will get serious consideration for my next purchase.

To above who don't notice, good for you! The rest of us visit this site to get the best out of our displays, and we don't like to have to watch movies with all the lights on so the lousy blacks can be acceplable. Turn off all the lights and then watch your TV, tell me if you like those blacks still.

Yes, they are. When I go to a moive, the blacks are absolutly horrible, but I still enjoy the movie. Stop looking at the bars on the top and bottom of your screen and start watching and enjoying the movie.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I have a 54VT25 that I like very much, that said I don't see floating blacks simply going away. I don't think Panasonic views it as a problem, just a side affect of their current tech. The point is to keep costs down and so I don't see a change on the horizon especially with the growing preference of LCD/LED by consumers and manufacturers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts