AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think Studio's will correct their mistakes they made on dvd with HD DVD? Where are the director's cut Of Scream, Nightmare on Elm Street, etc on dvd? Even with double dips studio's failed, I am sure there are other's that I cannot think of right now. I think it might make re-buying movies on HD DVD a little bit easier for consumers to swallow. It doesn't always have to apply to director's cuts but deleted scene's, commentary things that you hear from a director that they have that is not on the dvd.

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Well, they did include a Tim Burton commentary track on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory that wasn't on the DVD. Some discs have exclusive features, but they were probably withheld intentionally to get people to buy the HD versions, or they weren't really feasible to do on DVD (IME for instance).

For the most part, though, I don't think they will do it just for HD discs, for a while anyway. If they're going to remaster something or release a new cut of a movie, they will also release a new DVD. The market just isn't big enough yet for them to justify doing something expensive only for HD discs. If we do end up getting new cuts (like yet another version of Alexander that's coming out) they are doing it as much (if not more) for the DVD as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.