AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
7,841 Posts
Probably. A little more bottom end and I'm sure those Dayton drivers and XO parts are of better quality too.

Getting those cabinets up to speed is another story. Cosmetically the Energy beats the kit unless you are a wood worker and know how to veneer.

· Registered
2,037 Posts
ok i have a question. since were both looking into some diy mains. have you look at the zaph aluminum MTM design http://zaphaudio.com/BAMTM.html ? would the floor standing versions be better than the tritrix? i do believe they use better drivers. just a thought. why not just build some econowaves? those should get the job done. but the only problem would be what about a matching center channel? unless your tv is wall mounted or you have an acoustically transparent screen with room behind it im not sure what youd do for a center channel. im in your same boat right now searching for the best economical package. the econowaves take the cake but the center channel is the only drawback.

· Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by reecew /forum/post/18131972

ok i have a question. since were both looking into some diy mains. have you look at the zaph aluminum MTM design http://zaphaudio.com/BAMTM.html ? would the floor standing versions be better than the tritrix? i do believe they use better drivers. just a thought. why not just build some econowaves? those should get the job done. but the only problem would be what about a matching center channel? unless your tv is wall mounted or you have an acoustically transparent screen with room behind it im not sure what youd do for a center channel. im in your same boat right now searching for the best economical package. the econowaves take the cake but the center channel is the only drawback.

I haven't look at it but if u can find a good center then I might need to look into that design

· Registered
7,841 Posts

· Registered
2,037 Posts
KG, more info on those? that threads just to large to browse thorugh for general info. Sensitivty rating, power rating, etc.....

ive been told the econowaves have great dispersion so running them with a phantom center wouldnt be a bad idea. just a thought im looking into myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.