AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice that lots of people recommend the use of Norton Ghost to restore their system to a previous stable state. How about uninstallers? With the constant tweaking that goes on here, I was wondering if any of you have success with any particular uninstaller. Seems like the use of one of these would make it safer to try new versions of software or drivers, without ghosting every single time.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Measure twice. Cut once.

In all seriousness, if you want a stable machine be very careful what you install. Then, once it is working, leave it alone.

I personally ghost.

-Steve

·
Registered
109 Posts
I find it so pathetic that I have to be so careful with Windows, but he's right. We're like bulls in a china store. I've never had these problems with Linux RPMs, so I'm just getting accustomed to the whole thing. Haven't used Windows in about 8 years, but now with this home theater thing, I'm finding that I was wrong with my assumption that in 8 years, it would have gotten so much more stable and kind with install/uninstall stuff.

Word to the wise: Ghost after install. Ghost after drivers. Ghost after software.

Then, be careful with email (viruses), cookies (browser crap), rebooting (lord knows what Windows _thinks_ has changed since the last reboot). I simply cannot say enough bad things about Windows.

Cheers,

Jake

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.