AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I spoke with a chief engineer in Los angeles ca. from a mayor tv network, I ask him why there is not enough HDTV material broadcast on the mayor networks, he told me that according to the research there are not enough viewers with the HDTV gear to make it happen I told him that there is alot of us out there, so I ask him what can we do to change this? he said that the best thing to do is to call each of our local network stations: ABC,NBC,FOX,CBS,UPN,WB,PBS,Telemundo,Univision & independant

tv stations ask for the Chief engineer and advise them that we are watching theire HDTV signal,the type of HDTV equipment that we are using so they can pass on the info to higher levels and that way local stations put pressure on the networks, So now lets do our part & call the chief engineer !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
This sounds just another excuse for both affiliates and networks to not go ahead and produce more HD programs.

You should have asked him, why is it that they do not bother to advertise their digital sister stations on the respective analog stations.

I know far too many people who have no idea what stations the digital signal is being broadcast on. Some people do not have a clue that HD is being broadcast at all.

The Washington, D.C. network affiliates no longer bother to mention that they have been broadcasting in digital since late 1998. Not even on their website. With the exception of PBS affiliate WETA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.