AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Like so many members, I found the AVS forum by doing a simple Google search... I couldn't believe how many people had built their own theaters. Are the producer's at Fine Living lazy, stupid or both?

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably not as astute as the members of this forum. It takes a smart, well disciplined person to tackle on a project like HT. There is a lot more science into building an HT than, lets say...remodel you bathroom.

Anyhow I thought maybe it was an opportunity for the likes of Art S, Greg P, SandmanX, Swithey, etc.. to maybe show off the fruits of their labor to the rest of the nation on a more used format, TV.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Actually last year I was contacted via a PM here from a producer of a new HGTV program. Here is the text of their message;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi-- I saw your posting about the bar and home theater you had built. It looks great! I'm a producer on a new TV show for the Home and Garden Network called "Look What I Did!" It is a brand new, fast-paced, upbeat 30-minute show that we are producing for the Home and Garden Network (HGTV) that will premiere this summer. It will profile creative, outgoing and fun individuals who have done something amazing, unique, and artistic to their home environment with little help from professionals. This show focuses on people who have transformed a room or area of their house from an ordinary space to an extraordinary one. I would like to talk to you more about the show and also see some photos of your home theater as well. Let me know if you're interested. Thanks!

Alana Kerbein, Segment Producer

HGTV's "Look What I Did!"

Weller-Grossman Productions

5200 Lankershim Blvd. 5th Floor

North Hollywood, CA 91601

(818) 755-4800 x179
[email protected]

With all of the OUTSTANDING HTs here I am sure others were contacted also. I did not respond. My room is no where near as outstanding as some of the others here.

So bottom line.....they are paying attention to AVS forum

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have my DVR record shows that have keywords of Home Theater(yes am I sick) and "Look What I Did!" will be showing a home theater this week on Weds. according to my upcoming recordings.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
HGTV contacted me once. They said they were going to be in the area and were interested in featuring my theater in one of their shows. The room was operational, but not finished with everything I had planned. So at the time, I declined their offer.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I was contacted via PM by the Look What I Did lady (Alana) as well. Got me all excited, and I replied saying I'd love to do it, and never got a reply. Really pissed me off.

Anyway, member "I'm Listening" has a website that says his Cyberdyne Cinema theater will be featured on Look What I Did in the Spring of 2007.

And he lives two minutes away from me! I'm very happy for him (Darren), but geez, if they were serious about mine, it's not like it would have been too inconvenient or anything.

Oh well... just don't get your hopes up.

ND

·
Registered
376 Posts
My Theater, The Bridge, has just been on Look What I Did this month. It is on again on HGTV on January 24, 2007 at 6:00 PM ET/PT and January 31, 2007 at 1:30 PM ET/PT.

I thought they did a nice job considering they filmned me for about 8 hours for five minutes of TV!

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Congrats that's one hell of a DIY there
If we build another house I want to do one in the theme of LOTR Hobbit house, or something like yours, or Starwars. Something themed the plain Jane I have now well sucks.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by greighn /forum/post/0

My Theater, The Bridge, has just been on Look What I Did this month. It is on again on HGTV on January 24, 2007 at 6:00 PM ET/PT and January 31, 2007 at 1:30 PM ET/PT.

I thought they did a nice job considering they filmned me for about 8 hours for five minutes of TV!

I have my DVR all prepared to see your show! Congrats!

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by greighn /forum/post/0

Thanks for the tip. I will set my DVR tonight. That is one amazing HT. Where is Gorn ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.