AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As all of you know by now, I have been a HUGE supporter of M&K THX speakers for the past 7 years or so, and I have as of CEDIA, dropped my endorsement of their speakers to my customers. Since CES in January, their service to dealers has been nothing short of atrocious, and I can not put my name behind theirs in good faith no matter how much I love their product. I have customers I have referred to authorized dealers around the US who are STILL waiting for odds and ends since April and worse.

At CEDIA, I set out to find the very best THX speakers for my customers, and I ended up with one hard conclusion: Snell XA THX Ultra 2 speakers. My previous setup, which I thought was unparalleled, was the S250 System with 3 S250s, 4 SS250s, and a M&K MX-5000THX MKII sub. After long hours demo-ing the Snells, I ordered for my private showroom in Atlanta 3 XA1900THX for the fronts (in tall array), 4 AMC900 In-Wall Dipoles and 2 ICS 24 THX Ultra 2 subs. Wow!

First, let me say, the subs BLOW AWAY my MX-5000. One has the same power rating, but just sounds much cleaner and much more dramatic. The sound fields generated by my dipoles are unreal, and I honestly can say that I could not be happier by my new system.

As with all the systems and lines I help my customers find, these are not available for online sale, but certainly I can help you find a great deal from an authorized dealer in your area. If you are a die hard M&K fan, I can still help you find a great M&K dealer in your area (none better than AV Science of course!). Email me if you have any questions on Snell or you want to blast me out for leaving M&K. [email protected]

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.