AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxHoosierdaddy /forum/post/0

Would the 3D be more pronounced in a dark room vs a bright room?

Yes but I seem to notice more pop if I can slightly see the edge of the tv and it surroundings. It seems to give the 3d a reference point to judge how far it is popping out.

·
Registered
17,371 Posts
Darker room and dead center viewing seem to work the best ..

·
Banned
1,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxHoosierdaddy /forum/post/19563342

Would the 3D be more pronounced in a dark room vs a bright room?

It is OK with gimmick 3D like AVATAR but if you watch real 3D content in a dark room then it would be a good idea to install seat belts and hold onto a cell-phone with 911 easy dial:)

Mathew Orman

·
Registered
46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by icester /forum/post/0

It is OK with gimmick 3D like AVATAR but if you watch real 3D content in a dark room then it would be a good idea to install seat belts and hold onto a cell-phone with 911 easy dial:)

Mathew Orman

Hahahah! I love that.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I recommend dark room partially because one of the problems I notice with 3D is reflection of light behind me onto the outer edges of the glasses. Therefore I try to minimize any light that could potentially reflect.

·
Registered
17,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart
The "pop out" is not based on room lighting conditions. It is based on how the scene is shot.
Sorry, Lee, but my experience with this is a darker room provides better preceived PQ .. as well as sitting as close to dead center as possible ..

·
Banned
19,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn
Sorry, Lee, but my experience with this is a darker room provides better preceived PQ .. as well as sitting as close to dead center as possible ..
The parallax is created by what trhe cameras are focusing on and the distance apart the lenses are

Remember - here is the question:

Quote:
Does 3D pop out more in a dark room vs a bright one?

·
Registered
17,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart
The parallax is created by what trhe cameras are focusing on and the distance apart the lenses are

Remember - here is the question:
agreed, however, the more off axis you get, the less the effect, at least that's my experience ..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts