AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just ordered a Quadscan from AVS. Methinks too much... Will the quadscan bypass my Sanyo's sucky scaler and "take control" of the display. Or... will my sanyo insist on scaling the already scaled quadscan feed?? (if the Sanyo scaler is involved, the picture will suck)

· Registered
1,060 Posts
That depends upon the Sanyo and the inputs used. But using RGB or Progressive inputs if you match the projectors native resolution than the scaler essentially has no work to do therefore bypassing it.

· Registered
46 Posts
I think I'll be ordering a Quadscan as well. Another 21n owner said it cured his woes.

Any good video device deserves a processor. Still, it's a shame that the Sanyo has such poor processing compared to its peers. (I don't think it's fair either, but we all know the score on 'fair.')

Frank

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
" I'm Mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore!"

Well maybe just a little more...

· Registered
168 Posts
I am a picky *******. The Quadscan makes the Sanyo XP21n "happy happy happy".

You will be pleased.

The Sanyo's scaler is totally by-passed when you output XGA from the Quadscan I think. At least the image is rock solid & has none of the major issues that the Sanyo has when fed non-XGA signals.

Keep us posted, as I think we could all work together to gather intelligence about settings, calibration, etc. for this pair (I have not begun experimenting yet).

Check to see if your 21 starts buzzing (see my other post yesterday about this)

dg

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gee Dan, Thanks for giving something else to wory about....

BuZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.