AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've done a good amount of research but can't find a receiver for my needs.

I am looking for a receiver that:

1. decodes Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD.

2. is only 5.1

3. allows two zones (or Speaker A or B). I have a 5.1 set up in the living room and a 2 channel set up in the kitchen. It doesn't matter if there can only be 1 audio source at a time.

4. has an input for a Bluetooth device (or Apple Airport Express or anything else) so I can stream music from my PC to both "zones" (does not need to be simultaneously). It's not clear to me if I need an analog input or a digital input for the second "zone". The Onkyo TX SR507 only allows an analog input. Is that ok? Also, my router can not be located near the receiver so I will not have an ability to "hard wire" any devices.

5. under $300.

6. has 2 or more HDMI Inputs.

I was going to purchase the Onkyo TX SR507 but the analog input made me nervous.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I wanted to add that I don't have a set up for streaming music from my PC to the receiver today. But that is something I want to add in the near future.

·
The Village Idiot
9,738 Posts
Don't worry about analog only for zone sound - most receivers are similarly hamstrung. For $300 you could step up to the Onkyo RC160 .

The RC160 can do 2 zones but you will need an amplifier for one of them. The 507 can do 2 zones also - and will require an amp for one of the zones.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts