AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally took the plunge and set up a HT complete with an OTA HDTV antenna and HD D*. Man I am such a junkie now. Once you go HD there ain't no looking back. I could stay up all night watching "The Jeff Corwin Experience" In Discovery HD, but I digress.

What I really wanted to know is if ABC sucks for everyone. I read through this forum pretty extensivly and found that ABC does not transmit at as high of a signal strength as everyone else. That is the case in So Cal at least. I get every station with no fall outs except ABC. I can get it some of the time but my viewing experience is always interupted by video and audio fall outs. If it is indeed the case that ABC sucks nationwide has anyone thought of doing a letter writing campaign? ABC is owned by Disney and they have to listen to their viewing public. Public perception is of the utmost importance to Disney.

So what do you all think?

·
Registered
137 Posts
ABC is the farthest station away from me at 53 miles and comes in the strongest of any station I get. The only station I cannot get any signal from is NBC here in central Indiana.

·
Registered
644 Posts
abc is the best-looking station i get. not sure why. maybe 'cause it's broadcast in 720p & my set is natively 720p. the picture quality is better than cbs & nbc, & abc broadcasts a lot in 5.1. monday night movies like armageddon are awesome. i'm looking forward to gladiator tomorrow night. i've already seen all these movies, but seeing them again in hd is pretty cool. then there's alias, which also looks & sounds awesome.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,622 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by SonicDeathMonkey

So what do you all think?
You have a local problem.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
You have a local problem.
Damm, and I was hoping to start a grass roots campaign to force Disney into a better signal. I guess it will just have to be local then. Thanks for the replies. And thanks to the mod that changed my thread subject.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm with the monkey, I can get every channel except ABC here in South O.C. Is this a common problem? Aren't all the networks transmitting from the same spot on top of Mt. Wilson? I tried this using my Wineguard HD7082P antenna pointed at 329 degrees (based on antennaweb.org), Wineguard's top of the line 36db distribution amp, 25' RG6 from antenna to amp, 50' RG6 from amp to TV. and a Panasonic STB that I returned (I have the LG LST-3510a on order, should have it in a few days). What's ironic is that ABC is one of my strongest analog stations, comes in crystal clear.

·
Registered
10,880 Posts
KABC appears to be operating at much lower power than the other big LA stations.

Enter station call letters here to compare.

Buellwinkle, you might do better with a different antenna. Like a CM 4228 High Gain UHF antenna. It usually works better than a VHF/UHF combo antenna, and you don't need a VHF antenna for the digitals in your area right now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.