AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Mitsubishi WS55807 wide screen HD ready TV and I bought an open box Mitsubishi HD1080 HD receiver. It has An antenan in and RGB V/H out put. No remote controll or even a remote sensore window. I didn't nget a manual with it so I have no idea how it works. Can anybody point me to some info or has anybody got one?

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Assume your TV supports the HD1080, HD1080 is integrated with your TV and controlled by your TV remote, through a serial connection. Look at the back of both your TV and HD1080, and if you have your TV manual, it does explain the use of HD1080.

HD1080 only works with earlier generation Mits HDTVs. It also requires strong OTA signals and does not do well in multipath condition. But if your signals are good, it works just fine.

I don't have Mits to tell you more.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks jacmyoung. I finally ran out of patients and ran down somebody at Mitsubishi that knows what they are talking about. Apparently, this unit will not work with my newer WS55807.

I need to find a cheap OTA HD receiver. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I got a refurbished DTC-100 from Brands Mart in Sawgrass Mills in Florida this past weekend for $268. Even though it has a built in DTV receiver, it does OTA fine, but it does need an overnight connection to the DTV 101 satellite to receive the latest software upgrade. I have no idea if they ship elsewhere. I have seen prices of about $300 for "open box" buys at BB and CC. These prices are cheaper than the Samsung which is the only OTA only receiver.

SMK

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I'll look around and see if I can pick up a DTC 100 for cheap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.