AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on the Sony owners forum but didn't get to many hits. My new tv is less than one month old, and while watching tv, my picture suddenly went polarized. I'm not sure thats the right term "polarized", but I included a few snap shots of the picture. I tried switching inputs, I was watching satellite via my component feed, switched to local attached antenna and picture was the same. I do have a hdmi connection, but only for my ps3. Everything was working perfectly for the last month.

Problem goes away if I turn tv off for half an hour. Could it be the hdmi connection, even if its not used?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
132 Posts
It looks like inverted video, and because it goes away after you have had the set off for a while(cooling down), it seems like a heat related failure. Get a warranty claim called in.

·
Registered
875 Posts
If you can return the set within 30 days, I'd do that instead and then get a new (maybe same if you want) set instead of initiating a warranty claim. Nothing like having a major issue within 30 days to make you confident about your purchase ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnick1976 /forum/post/12879145

If you can return the set within 30 days, I'd do that instead and then get a new (maybe same if you want) set instead of initiating a warranty claim. Nothing like having a major issue within 30 days to make you confident about your purchase ...

Internet vendor does not have anymore in stock, and of course will not get anymore. Unit is on stand, not in cabinet, I can hear fan come on. Plus its been pretty chilly hear in LA. I got a very good price on unit, looking around I would have to cough up an additional $300 to buy today. Vendor will give full refund or have it fixed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts