Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dialogue with my wife on Saturday during Kentucky Derby:

Me: Hey get in here, doesn't this look great?

Her: What?

Me: The picture, doesn't this look great. You can see the grass, the beautiful track, the horses - I mean, this looks freaking awesome.

Her: It's horse racing ?

Me: I know. Forget about that. I am talking about the picture !! Don't you feel like you are right there at the track?

Her: Who is supposed to win?

Me: I don't know. Who cares? Are you listening to what I am saying??

Her: Are you finished? I need to get back to work on the laundry. And by the way, shouldn't you be mowing the lawn.

Me: Damn, what is the use of having the coolest toy on the block if nobody but me appreciates it.

·
Registered
729 Posts
My wife and friends love HDTV, and they ask when baseball games will be in HD so they can come over and watch. I was out of town this weekend and told my wife about the Derby and she watched and said it looked pretty good, but not as great as other HDNet productions.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yea, I invited people over and they agreed the picture was much better, but then followed that right up with "but this movie is stupid." or whatever. Alot of people don't care how bad the picture is if they like the content.. and I agree with them to a point. Just being in HD doesn't make it interesting. I turned Joe Dirt off, for example.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Yeah thats about the size of it Dylan. You can show em the best PQ imagineable, but after about 5 minutes if it's not a program they actually want to watch, they're wanting to surf through USA, TVLand, A+E or whatever until they find the show they like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.