AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to know if anyone out there has this modified DVD player. The resolution button on the left is labeled 1-8 and I do not know the actual resolution settings for each number. There’s no manual with this player.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Did you mean to include a picture?

·
Premium Member
16,953 Posts
 http://www.smr-home-theatre.org/ces2.../page_04.shtml
Quote:
The internals of a Sony DVP-7700 DVD player with MSB's upsampling board (bottom left with the blue cable plugged into it) and just beneath that, partly hidden from view, the Cinematrix progressive scan output board which MSB is providing as an upgrade to existing DVD players and satellite receivers (or you can buy a DVP-7700 from MSB with the board already installed).

The Cinematrix upgrade provides eight resolutions from 480p to 1200p, two sharpness settings and three anamorphic modes controllable by two new knobs which replace the headphone jack and volume control on the front panel of the DVD player. The processor is capable of automatic 3/2 pulldown, picture stabilisation and MPEG artefact reduction.

On the rear of the DVD player the upgrade adds a DVI output and a 3.5mm jack for configuring the board via RS-232 with MSB's "Progressive Plus Programming Tool", which gives the user complete control over all processing parameters including precise scan rate, colour, brightness, hue, black and white levels, scaling filter settings, colour temperature correction and RGB or YUV outputs that can be optimised for a particular projector or display. MSB also has available cables to break out the DVI connector to 5 BNC connectors or a DB-15 to match projector inputs. The upgraded DVP-7700 is available now, MSRP $1,695
Come by for a visit... I'd like to try it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Clarence, I can stop by with the player if you want to test it on your Marquee. PM me for the directions to your house. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I have that very model but it does not have the modes I think I paid almost 1k for it when it was new.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The player belongs to a friend of the family and I'm holding it for him since he does not have his own place for a CRT.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Kellogg
I have that very model but it does not have the modes I think I paid almost 1k for it when it was new.
Are you still using it and how's it compare to a HTPC?

·
Premium Member
16,953 Posts
 http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/newre...eply&p=4549567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R
I have the Sony 7700 which I stopped using for a HTPC. I then stopped using the HTPC for the Denon 3910. If you can take advantage of the upscaling you are getting a useful upgrade (more so as your image size increases). Audio wise I don't think you would notice a night and day difference.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.