AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a G15 with a 110" screen, driven by a HTPC with a resolution of 1360x768. Does anyone have a good combat flight simulator game that they play on a similar setup? Ideally, I would like something like Janes Navy Fighters that supported the full resolution of my system.

Thanks,

Bernd

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Bernd,

I've played various Dreamcast car and boat racing games on my G15, but nothing in the air yet.

It's bound to be immersive, but I find that in car racing games I can get a bit carsick, and I'm sure that I'd get airsick with a flight simulation game.

-Dean.

·
Registered
735 Posts
There are many sims out there that I use at 1600x1200. I am dying to try them on my g11, but haven't had the time. Falcon 4.0 with the realism patch is spectacular. Jane's f/a 18 is also good and is less hardcore, but it is still a decent weight combat simulator.

I would also try MS FS2000. I use it with a pacific northwest patch that uses satellite photos.

For helicopter combat, try commanche/hokum.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I've also been considering putting Lucas Arts, Rouge Squadron on my new AVS HTPC, I received a week ago. This game has great graphics as does all Lucas Arts stuff. Haven't been to keen at this stage to add anything to the HDPC setup. The machine boots up quick and is pretty stable. My 12 year old daughter has far surpassed me in the mastered levels in the game (which is no surprise) and has been bugging me to install it. This game is nothing but flying action.

Don

[This message has been edited by anderdea (edited 06-14-2001).]

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ran the demo of USAF on my DILA in 1024x768 mode today. It took up the middle of my 1360x768 screen as you would expect. It was quite impressive. I'll report back more once I get the full version. If the full version does not support 16:9 resolutions, then I will try to scale it via YxY.

Cheers,

Bernd

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I a little more poking around the menus of USAF and I found that it supports 1360x768. It is an absolutely amazing experience to fly a F15 on a 110" screen.

Cheers,

Bernd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.