AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the case and 2 hard disks coming today, but while doing some rough calculations, I suspect I'll very nearly fill my 2TB of hard disk space right off the bat.

I the Antec site says the case only has 2 internal drive bays, but I was wondering if anyone has been able to fit a third (or fourth) drive in there somewhere. I don't really want to go external unless I have to.

This forum has got to be the best home theater pc forum on the web. I've gotten so much information from here. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have the Antec Fusion 430. I thinks it's very similar to the remote. You should be able to fit a third HD in behind the VFD, above where the CDrom goes. It's a 5 1/4" slot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenp2600 /forum/post/15438188

I've got the case and 2 hard disks coming today, but while doing some rough calculations, I suspect I'll very nearly fill my 2TB of hard disk space right off the bat.

I the Antec site says the case only has 2 internal drive bays, but I was wondering if anyone has been able to fit a third (or fourth) drive in there somewhere. I don't really want to go external unless I have to.

This forum has got to be the best home theater pc forum on the web. I've gotten so much information from here. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenp2600 /forum/post/15438188

Yep - I fitted a 3rd HD behind the VFD in my Fusion 430 Silver (same as Fusion Remote in this regard)

I used a Scythe Hard Disc Stabiliser II 5.25 to 3.5 inch conversion kit - one based on rubber mounts (to try to keep the noise down) rather than a cage. It cost me about £6. QuietPC and a couple of other e-tailers do them. Doesn't seem to have any cooling issues.

·
Registered
36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmmeli /forum/post/15440068

I have the Antec Fusion Remote Max. You can fit 4 hdd's no problem. There are two internal drive cages and each holds two drives.

The Fusion Remote and Fusion Remote Max are two separate products. The Fusion Remote only accommodates a mATX motherboard and two drives, henct the OP's posting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.