AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this might get moved by moderators based on the title but please bear with me. I am interested in how noisy it is in relation to my PS3 being a Blu Ray player and not a Gaming platform and how noisy it might be when you are watching a movie. Living in Puerto Rico my temps at home are 70-85F year round so this looks like a good investment.

Jorge

·
Banned
4,945 Posts
What? Could you speak up?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that bad huh?

Jorge

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
huh?

·
Registered
93 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgerod /forum/post/13007298

I know this might get moved by moderators based on the title but please bear with me. I am interested in how noisy it is in relation to my PS3 being a Blu Ray player and not a Gaming platform and how noisy it might be when you are watching a movie. Living in Puerto Rico my temps at home are 70-85F year round so this looks like a good investment.

Jorge

I had one on mine for about 10 minutes, would you like it? Worse then the unit itself.

·
Registered
94 Posts
It seems to have a volume knob installed.
Turned all the way down, it's still too loud.

It's a seriously good idea, with very poor execution. Getting up to turn it on and off is kind of annoying after getting used to the wireless power up/down with the six-axis.

·
Registered
502 Posts
DO NOT get a nyko intercooler. those things are a piece of **** and do more harm than good. It also WILL void your warranty.

Just put ps3 in a open area and you will be fine.

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
My logic on the PS3 and movies is this, if your movie isnt turned out loud enogh to drown out the sound of the fan on the PS3, your doing something wrong

·
Registered
738 Posts
i had one installed and it got soo loud even with the knob turned all the way down. and it made a vibration sound most of the time... very annoying. and it wasnt flush with the PS3 when i installed it. kinda looked crooked. if its really hot in there, let the PS3 sit by the AC and your good to go

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
I honestly don't get the logic behind these things. They blow INTO the EXHAUST fans. The exhaust fans are there to push the hot air out of your system, blowing more air into the intake and at the same time blowing air into the exhaust sounds like nothing more than a great way to build up hot air in your system to me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts