AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have wanting to buy this for 3D since I already own a LG HU85LA for 2D movies but I want to know how the 3D experience is due to 3D dimming the screen?

How is the 3D experience?
Is it super dark in 3D with the Optoma Cinemax P1?
Or should I upgrade to a Cinemax pro?

Cinemax P1 -> 3,000 ANSI lumens ____ Up to 1,500,000:1 with Dynamic Black
Cinemax Pro -> 3,500 ANSI lumens ____ Up to 2,500,000:1 with Dynamic Black

Room Light: Controlled
Screen Size: I have not purchased but plan on using a 120"
Room size is: 17x10

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Well I do not have either Projector but I have a Optoma HD142x it is a 3000 lumen Projector which I believe I run in eco mod which is about 2500 lumens and that is plenty bright on the 92" 16:9 screen.. I have a light controlled room. I was going to run it in normal mode and see what it looked like at full brightness. I dont think you can go wrong with either projector you are looking at.

But, if you want to play it safe the 3500 lumens should be more then enough lumens on a 120" screen I would believe.
Are you able to get RF 3D Glasses? they would be best. DLP Link should be even more bright in a way because of the way they work I think?

I would like to hear from another 3D user but for my use 2500-3000 lumens is plenty bright and I use the RF Shutter glasses by Optoma.

Reactions: Saintpriva

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I do not have either Projector but I have a Optoma HD142x it is a 3000 lumen Projector which I believe I run in eco mod which is about 2500 lumens and that is plenty bright on the 92" 16:9 screen.. I have a light controlled room. I was going to run it in normal mode and see what it looked like at full brightness. I dont think you can go wrong with either projector you are looking at.

But, if you want to play it safe the 3500 lumens should be more then enough lumens on a 120" screen I would believe.
Are you able to get RF 3D Glasses? they would be best. DLP Link should be even more bright in a way because of the way they work I think?

I would like to hear from another 3D user but for my use 2500-3000 lumens is plenty bright and I use the RF Shutter glasses by Optoma.
what glasses do you use for your projector? They should work with the Optoma I plan on buying, also how dark is the 3D?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Optoma ZF2300 3D glasses they are the RF kind.. Like I was saying I am running in Eco mode which is dimmer the full out but for me it seems more than bright enough with the 3D glasses running.. If you get the 2500 lumen that should be plenty bright.

but if you think you would like a brighter image get the 3500 lumen projector, that should definitely be bright enough.

Reactions: Saintpriva

·
Registered
383 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
But since there is no "3D Sync" VESA port on either the CinemaX P1 or P2 all 3D options are limited to "DLP-Link" only, i.e. no connectivity with 3D-RF.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts