AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need it for cleaning purposes please - have my can of air all ready to go but don't know which bit of the projector i should be using it on

thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
Turn the pj on - you will see three ribbon cables going into three slots (when on - you will see them glow RED, GREEN and BLUE). About an inch or so down you will see two square plates with a small gap between them. I dont know exactly which plate does what, but thats where the LCD panel is. Try shooting in between those panels. De-focus the pj and point it at something white and you will set the dust specs easier.

DON'T USE COMPRESSED AIR! If you tip the can, the propellant might come out and stain the LCD panel. If you leave the can on too long, you'll freeze the LCD panel and you might crack it.

I use "RE-AIR" from comp-usa, its compressed air that you refill with a bike pump. Unfortunately, you got to pump it up a bit to get a good charge, and it usually takes a few pumps to get dust off them LCD panels. I have two blobs on my blue panel that are on the edge that I just can't seem to get off...

·
Registered
414 Posts
I am considering opening mine to clean some dust too. If you open yours, please take a picture and post it so that we can all know what it looks like inside.

I am not sure if the dust I have justifies opening mine yet, but I am definitely curious about what it looks like inside.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.