AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im interested in the Artison LCR's - does anyone have any experience with them?

With there center channel ? Im wondering how the speakers perform overall??

How do you think it will lign up with a 42" panny? Best price?

Well THanks in advance...

william.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah...I found that when I was searching -....though erik hasn't responded.

I heard the speakers and im thinking that they may a bit expensive but so are plasmas :)...

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have them attached to my 50" Panasonic plasma. They sound OK but are not as good as stand alone speakers. They add 7" each or 14" total width to the plasma, thus requiring a large wall to hang the plasma on. They cost $1500 plus another $100 for the grills and brackets.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys...

GX- thats a good thread...im checking it out now!

Rays.... So they don't sound that great huh? Are you an audiophile ? Im not so maybe thats why i thought they sounded good... Any thoughts on the centerchannel?

Im really begining to second guess my self on this one.... ANYONE else have the artisons....?

·
Registered
152 Posts
The center channel is divided between the left and right sides through a biwire type arrangement. I sold my old speakers, which were B and W 603 fronts and LCR600 for the center. The artisans can't compare to the B and W's but I liked the form factor so much I bought them anyway. They sound fine for cable TV and DVD's. The dialog is intelligible with DPLII processing, and even better with DolbyDigital sources. The speakers look great attached to the plasma. They are very sturdy and the brackets are well-engineered.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.