AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone with Microsoft Customer Support trying to find out what's wrong with my XBOX that it won't play any video files in the INternet Tv Beta portion of the Media Center on my XBOX and after close to 3 hours all they could come up with is must be my ISp and I don't have strong enough Internet service.Everything else plays fine no problems with Live or anything.I finally just hung up which is what they wanted me to do anyway. Hopefully someone can help some .Thanks Karl

·
Banned
7,766 Posts
Gimme a sec to see if it still works.

EDIT: Yup! My Arrested Development viewer still works great.

If memory serves, you just need to start up Vista Media Center on your PC, so that it grabs the Internet TV Beta client bits. Then link the 360 to the Vista Media Center machine through their respective linking sections. Afterward, the 360 will automagically get the Internet TV Beta client, regardless of Vista Media Center being on or not. It should just work after that.

Is your NAT "open" as far as Live is concerned? Does the Internet TV Beta work on your Vista Media Center? Is your copy of Vista actually legal?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will try what you said and see. Internet Tv Beta works on PC yes legal copy new PC with Vista Home Preminm.Nat is open only using Windows Firewall and it is allowed in exceptions.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK I opened Media Center on Pc the same time I did on XBOX still same problem always Video Error when I choose something
in Internet Tv Beta

·
Banned
7,766 Posts
Well, unless you really wanted to watch Arrested Development, I would not worry about it any more. You've already spent more effort than the payoff would be worth.
It's a really cool idea, but they just didn't do much with it. If you want good streaming video on your 360, then get a $9 Netflix account instead. We've found tons of interesting content on that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts