AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Yamaha RX-V2400, and managed to get a hold of the "Yamaha New Product Manual 2003" that gets handed out to dealers by Yamaha reps.

In this manual, this is what they say about the "Receiver Editor"
Quote:
Receiver Editor is PC software which makes your AV Receiver setup a lot easier and faster. It allows you to upload the configuration from the receiver to your PC, then edit the configuration on an easy-to-use graphic user interface and download the edited configuration to the receiver. You can also save these uploaded and edited configurations as files which can be backed up on your PC. Downloading can be completed with a single click of a button. This allows you to restore backed up configuration from the stored files in minutes.
It also says that the software can be downloaded from: Receiver Editor , but this requires a password. I'll try to get a password from the EU where I bought mine tomorrow, but given their lack of computer expertise, I kinda doubt if they've ever seen this site.

If someone can PM me with a working password, I'll be glad to download the software and make it more widely available, or if someone has already downloaded it, could you please let me know?

This software has far too much of a 'geek-factor' for me to pass this up!

·
Registered
6 Posts
The login page is flash, so it is downloaded to your PC (including the required password).

One thing that Yamaha has touted is their 'cinemadsp' system. I'm sure that it's good for a lot of things. [end of blatently obvious response]

jim

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

Now I just need a serial cable long enough to reach the receiver from my computer...

This editor looks very nice, you can see (and alter) just about every setting.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Let us know what it does when you get it running.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The documentation is online also. I glanced at it and I think the software allows you to setup 3-5 Home Presets. Where a Home Preset is the configuration of the device (input, DSP, levels, Zone 2 input, etc.)

It seems to be aimed at custom installers. The manual doesn't mention the 1400/2400 models (too new?).

One interesting note is that the website also had Serial commands for some reveivers. So I think you can control the RX-V2400 via the serial port, say from your HTPC.

John

·
Registered
13 Posts
jdt,

Where is the software doc online? I didn't find it. Needless to say the using this would be alot easier with it!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jdt
The documentation is online also. I glanced at it and I think the software allows you to setup 3-5 Home Presets. Where a Home Preset is the configuration of the device (input, DSP, levels, Zone 2 input, etc.)
It would be great to have custom levels per input type. This sounds very much like NAD's presets that are present on the 752 and 762.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Kendrid,

You can switch home banks and have it automatically change the volume that way. (As well as all the other settings/presets.)

I have written my own control software for the Yamaha RX-Z1. It's pretty easy to use C++ class. It allows me to switch the sound field based off the playing CD and or specific track. (as well as do other neat things like input, volume control, station control, memory banks, volume banks, zone 2 control, power, trigger controls, etc etc...) I've combined it with control code for my Sony CD player, and Kenwood DVD changer. Here's a screen cap from it...

Anyone who wants a copy of the yamaha code, let me know. It's free and open for development. If you know a little C++ programming, it should be easy to add support for other yamaha receivers with RS-232 ports.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've tried everything (even downloading the Flash plugin despite the fact I see the login prompt.) Can someone please help me download the Receiver Editor Software -- I've just purchased an RX-V2400 & would like to use the software to tweak the parameters.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I don't think the new receivers are supported yet. Gotta wait for a new version of the software.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Ah, you're right, jsavrtka.

Editor

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks catapult.

Is there documentation also? An previous message mentioned:

Quote:
Originally posted by jdt