AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has time warner cable hd. I have time warner cable, and have had nothing but problems with it since going to hd. I have been experiencing a lot of pixelating on show with more movements and sports. I had a suppose to be top technicians from time warner cable came yesterday to look at all our problems, what a joke. He told the pixelating that am experiencing is just a little picture interference and am going to experience that, after her sat there and thought about it awhile. He claimed he gets it to. But is not just a minor little picture problem what it does it all the time on certain shows. Then on the freezing and flickering problems he told me that it could be the line but the line says the signal is great but it could be, but since it says not it is okay. So he is going to blog it for a couple of days and get back to me. He did absolutely nothing while hear. He did keep saying well it is cable so, well it is cable so. This is a third different technician I have had out here to look at it. I thought hd is suppose to be clear. Do you have these problems?

·
Banned
1,575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmwwe /forum/post/16980603

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has time warner cable hd. I have been experiencing a lot of pixelating on show with more movements and sports. Do you have these problems?

I have TW cable HD. I see some pixelization on some HD channels. The station's do look better over the air.

·
Premium Member
6,500 Posts
Several years ago after switching from SDTV to HDTV with Time Warner I began to have pixelation and sometimes complete picture drop-outs.

First they tried swapping out the HD cable box and the passive splitter in the basement but the problem returned almost immediately.

Some new techs returned and measured the signal strength at the cable box and also outside where the cable enters the house. They found the signal strength at both points were too low.

Then they traced the line back to the utility pole and check the signal strength there - also too low. To remedy the low signal strength problem they installed an amplifier at the pole and a powered splitter in the basement. They explained that since my home was at the end of the cable run coming down the utility poles that too much signal was lost by the time it got to my cable box. It's been working great ever since.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts