AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that Sony US TV prices got a cut sometimes in July, but did the same happen in Canada? Conspicously, the 30HS420 that costs $900 USD in US, costs $1300 CDN in Canada (which is around $1100 USD) Even more conspicously, the Sony stores in Canada are giving away TV stands if you buy one of the CRT TVs, as if they avoided the price drop and replaced it with stands deal (which is running untill the end of August)

·
Registered
150 Posts
I asked a sales rep about this and he mentioned that the price drop *was* the stand deal and that no slashes (at least for the CRTS's, which is all I was interested in) were scheduled for July.

At $399 CDN for the 34" model the stands were a complete ripoff, and I'm glad we got ours free with the set.

After August I wouldn't be surprised if the prices dropped again, especially as the new models like the A10 series start moving out.

·
Registered
337 Posts
well Marconelly, I was asking myself the same thing since many stores do show a price drop but a minimal one.

for example, I am looking at a 34XS955 and yes stores do retail it at 2699.99 now instead of 2999.99 that it was up until at least May and June. that is nowhere near the drop in the US. Sony US shows the price for that unit to be around 1699.99 or 1899.99

HOWEVER, a chain that just opened in Montreal (BB) has it for A LOT LOWER on their site and their store.

Coincidentaly the discount works out to the price of the stand.... hmmm... :rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.