AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a projector for sale a 1270Q but the lens in the part number is different. The last two digits are one higher for example on the green lens in my setup unit ends in 13 the other is 12 that is 4-395-589-13vs 4-395-589-12. ???

·
Registered
398 Posts
Different lenses for color correction for each tube maybe?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think that is it, this came from a rear projection system off a mirror to a 12 ft high screen. I guess I should just go a fire it up and see if I can focus this thing and check pix size. I have a feeling this had a lens change.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
The 1270 had PT43 lenses. One different one for each colour.

They had different coloured stickers on each to designate which tube they should be attached to.

I also nioticed that the lenses has some colour correction builkt in as they actually look different colours when you look through them after you take them off.

Graham

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I fired this Sony up with the strange lens numbers and with just the green tube on and a crosshatch it looked like it would have fit a curved screen. If the mechanical centers for red and green would have lined up I would have kept going. Looks like I have a set of spare parts for the other 1270. There was a set of lens on E-bay I almost bid on it, but after seeing moderate burn on the blue CRT I lost interest in getting this one up and running.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Do a full reset before you decide to chuck it out.

You never know what correction has been applied to it in the software.

The weird contortions may just dissapear.

Dont give up on it yet.

Graham

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.