AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hey Ken,

It looks to me like a single tube unit that would be used in a theatrical environment to project background images. You see some Electrohome versions come up for sale on eBay all the time.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Ken;

I actually seen one of these (or one very similar) operate at a local AV rental place when searching for a used CRT projector.

The image it was projecting didn't look very good at all...(re:crap)..but maybe it was in for repairs. I didn't ask any questions - because I was interested in CRT.

but I'd be skeptical about the quality of the image this thing could throw without looking at some screenshots, or better yet seeing in in person.

if the seller is that close to you - phone him up and ask for a demo.

cheers,

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
This is a Sony Vidimagic, and has about 200 lumens output It does use one CRT, but it's weird, and has big pixels on it.

Some of them had Beta machies built into the backs of them, some not. The Beta machine built in should have given you the clue as to the age..:)

If this guy is doing 7 X 11', he must have been using night vision goggles with it. No way it will do that size. Sony suppplied about a 4' diagonal screen with it when new.

I have one in stock with the original high gain screen with it (C/W carrying case)

Woohoo!

It's yours, rreeeeeeaaaaallllllyyy cheap if you want it..:D

Curt

·
Registered
366 Posts
Curt, just wondering but is it like a old tiny version of the light cannons that we use for projecting images onto big screens at concerts?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.