AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Denon rc8000??? i lost the auction on ebay some loser who had to bid 1 dollar before it ends.. i hate people like that.. mods please dont del this cause im not sure where to look for one.. Thanks everyone

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i have but i dont wanna pay 800 bucks for a remote :) plus i already owned an rc8000 but someone broke it in the family sooo id just like to replace it..

·
Registered
176 Posts
Kevin,

Why don't you look for a Pronto, much more powerful than the RC8000 and can be purchased for about $250. You can find detailed information and reviews on it on www.remotecentral.com

Hope this helps a bit.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where can i buy one of those philips remotes???

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
363 Posts
Kevin,

J and R has pronto ts 1000 refurbs with full 1 year warranty for 149.99 and jsut mention that you have their flyer that has it for 129.99...

Good luck

ps url is www.jandr.com

Miles

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i like the looks of the PHILIPS TSU2000 Pronto Universal Intelligent Remote Control alot more what are the main feature its has over the cheaper one?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Aside from its outward appearance (silver instead of dark blue or whatever) :>) the Pronto TSU 2000 has more user-available memory than the TS 1000, although I have never heard of anyone actually running out of memory with the earlier one.

Of even greater significance for those who like the idea of a "point and shoot" remote, rather than one which REQUIRES a lot of programming is the TSU 2000's built-in database of remote command codes for a vast array of brands and components. While it is as programmable and customizable as its less expensive predecessor, you don't have to do any of that to be "up and running". With just a few easy menu choices, tryout of the selected template and installing it (via another menu choice) or moving on to another trial template, you can replace the other remotes for your system fairly quickly. And this is all self contained within the remote itself, not requiring a computer hookup to upload codes and templates (although again, that is still a feature that you can use if desired).

I had lost the remote for one component and recently purchased another where the remote was "optional at extra cost". The Pronto TSU 2000 had code templates that worked well for both units without ANY further customization.

The TSU 2000 also has a rearranged user menu for somewhat more "intuitive" navigation. And it now allows you to customize some settings, such as turning off the infernal "beep" that accompanies every "button" push otherwise.

I like having a remote that can (at my discretion) take advantage of all the power of programming of the earlier model but is easy to use virtually "out of the box" without it. For me, that was well worth the extra money. This isn't because I am averse to programming, per se. It is just that I do a lot of it at work, and so it simply doesn't have the hobby allure for me that it does for many other folks. (I wanted a remote I could use, not a second programming career.) :>)

Good luck and enjoy!

Burke

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.