AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read great things about the card and I really want one. I have tried looking for internet retailers that offer the card but can't find any.

I know I want the Flyvideo 2000 FM card since I understand that it is the only card that is gauranteed to work Dscalar since it has the Philips 7130 chip as opposed to the Flyvideo 3000 which in the US comes with the Philips 7134 chip that doesn't work with Dscalar.

I wish they could get the audio on Philips 7133 to work, but I guess we can't have it all.

So does anyone know where I can buy one? I tried a couple online price search engines and a couple of stores (buy.com, newegg, and others) but nobody seemed to offer this card.

Thanks.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Quote:
I know I want the Flyvideo 2000 FM card since I understand that it is the only card that is gauranteed to work Dscalar since it has the Philips 7130 chip as opposed to the Flyvideo 3000 which in the US comes with the Philips 7134 chip that doesn't work with Dscalar.
Is this true about the 3000FM?? I ordered one to use with Dscaler, and UPS just dropped it off about an hour ago. I hope I'm not out of luck.

lambe

·
Registered
150 Posts
The card is now installed and video works in Dscaler, but I can't get audio. Did you change any settings for audio to work? I tinkered with Dscaler, but I couldn't figure it out.

My setup is:

FlyVideo 3000FM (NTSC 7133)

LifeView FlyTV Prime 33 driver ver 2.3.0.21

LifeView WDM TV Tuner driver ver 2.3.0.21

Dscaler 4.1.7 alpha

M-Audio Revo

Thanks,

lambe

·
Registered
471 Posts
I too am concerned about the audio in the 3000.

I just picked one up too and was going to play with it tonight.

But I thought I read a post the other day where 4.17 does not have audio output with the NTSC version of the 3000, only the PAL version.

Quote:
Originally posted by HTBuilder
I have the 3000 FM with the 7134 and it works fine with DScaler 4.1.7 alpha. Enjoy....
HTBuilder - Y'all got the NTSC version 3000 working with audio??? Living in Michigan, I would ASSUME so, but you know what they say about assuming...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Is there any card equivalent to the FlyVideo without a tuner? I've read a lot of good things about this capture card too but don't want a tuner in it. I know I can just ignore that it's in there but seems like a waste.

·
Registered
551 Posts
PDI deluxe is coming... SAA capture and PDI capture combo without a tuner. It will be good if you have an interest on PDI. Otherwise, it will be too expensive. Just a thought.

I also would like to know such SAA card w/o tuner if it exists.

P.S. About tuner thing, I thought nobody could use audio through tuner with dScaler 4.17. I thought they were using external tuner and flyvideo/sound card to cpature incoming video/audio signals. I don't own it, so I'm not sure, though.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JDLIVE
Sheesh, the Fly 2K only costs what, $35? How much cheaper do you want it? ;)
I just want to have it w/o tuner. In general, tuner component is hot. Moreover, it is shielded, so it means it produces much EM-noise. Both are not good to us, are they? ;)

·
Registered
239 Posts
I`m also using the Flyvideo 3000 tv card. The software that comes with the card has audio out using the tuner, but Dscaler simply can`t give audio!

I can also tune in twice as many channels with the Flyvideo Software than I can with Dscaler?

I own anther card, the (Aopen VA1000 LITE 2), Has the same chip as the Flyvideo 2000, but It has the tuner on it. I actually like the AOpen card better. PQ is about the same, but I can get Audio out through Dscaler with the Aopen also.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Loaded Dscaler 4.17 alpha tonight.

Audio works fine with my FlyVideo 3000.

Just started tweaking, but so far picture is suburb!

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
It's best if you use a VCR for tuning TV and output audio separately to your HT receiver. SVHS VCR is best for its Svideo output. TV tuning from these cards can be electrically noisy, slow, poor sound, and poor remote. If you add the VCR you can take advantage of playing HiFi VHS through your HTPC/Dscaler. It also gives you great SAP/MTS stereo TV sound. Downside is it adds bulk of a VCR.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Huey: Thanks for the suggestion. I tried connecting my vcr (non svhs), and the picture looks good, but not up to par with the vcr connected to my projector through my DVDO iScan Plus. I'm guessing the VCR through Dscaler should provide a better picture than through the DVDO. Do you have any suggestions for setting up Dscaler to look better? My current Dscaler settings are:

Pixel width 768

TomsMoComp set at 151

Automatic video/film detection OFF

Fall back to video on bad pulldown OFF

Judder Terminator OFF

Switch resolution in full screen to Use Powerstrip resolution.

lambe

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.