AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knew what DVD titles are available with SACD and where nthey can be obtained.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Does this even exist? Not on any of the thousands of dvds in my library. Sounds like a question for Stacey, because you have to wonder how the audio transport layer (and associated hardware) can support and sync bitstreams other than the usual suspects: pcm, dd, and dts. And even if it did, we don't have a way of sending it out on toslink, coax, or firewire, yet.

·
Registered
342 Posts
DVDs and SACDs are currently independant of each other. Who knows what the future will bring.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
If he's talking about DVD video titles with SACD, there's no such thing, nor will there ever be. It wouldn't be possible to accommodate the data rate for both SACD and DVD video on a standard DVD. As for a future HD-DVD format, I VERY much doubt that SACD will EVER be on it. We'll likely get DD, DTS, or MLP DVD-Audio.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
I would definitely "settle" for DVD-A and HDTV :)

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I think he means DVD-A titles.............if that is the case Lawrence, you can find them at almost any website selling video DVD's...........

·
Registered
135 Posts
...SACD stands for "Super Audio Compact Disc" (note that it says "Audio" - no video there!) - a proprietary thingy from SONY - and, as its name clearly indicates, has absolutely nothing to do with "DVD" - which, as everyone knows by now, means "Digital Versatile Disc"...

...on the other hand, DVD-A stands for "DVD-Audio" - an entirely different and, again, proprietary thingy developed by PANASONIC - and one that makes allowance for Video...

...more info can be found here ...

(signed) Pompous Passer-By

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.