AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking through these threads it is brought to my attention that individuals looking at HT ask the opinions of others when it comes to speakers. Before we buy do we actually listen first. I work at a Audio shop and Every Audio Associate like a different speakers and for differents reasons, its good its this way. As mention by David we hear things differently What I may like he may not, etc. If you are planing on buying speakers get a CD you know inside and out, If you currently have a system listen to it right before then go and try speakers at your local retailer. Weeknights will give you the most ample quality time to listen or set up an appointment Ask how it is set-up, what they are using un less the associate describes it to you. That way you have a more honest and personal approach to the speakers your are going to buy. Most importantly if they sound good to you who cares what other people think of them. They are in your home not theirs.

-RDB

·
Registered
1,466 Posts

great advice given by many of us numerous times in the past...but the likes of the threads that you are referring to continue to crop up...

·
Registered
409 Posts
People often ask for an opinion from others to come up with a short list of speakers to consider. Given the large number of speaker brands, models within each brand and sources that one can purchase them through, seeking someone else's opinion is a good way to start. The final decision should however be made after listening.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Yes, I did and will continue to listen to the speakers at my local dealers, and did and will continue to exchange opinions with others in this forum. :D These two approaches are by no means mutually exclusive IMHO...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.