AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking for remote control that I can take outside to control my music inside. I know that Denon makes one, but I hear that the range is not good. Can someone please lead me in the right direction?

·
Registered
384 Posts
URC makes several but need to be used with a base unit.the pro line..MX810, MX850, Mx900, MX980, TX1000, and MX3000. And they have the base units MRF260 and MRF350

They have their consumer line as well www.universalremote.com

RTI has remotes that send RF as well but are priced higher and need to be programmed by an installer www.rticorp.com

There are a few others as well..Pronto, Nevo, One for all

·
Registered
247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teppy /forum/post/14329811

i am looking for remote control that I can take outside to control my music inside. I know that Denon makes one, but I hear that the range is not good. Can someone please lead me in the right direction?

I use the Harmony 890 from my pool area to adjust the volume on my patio speakers. All of the components are inside the house in a media closet.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida /forum/post/14330401

I use the Harmony 890 from my pool area to adjust the volume on my patio speakers. All of the components are inside the house in a media closet.

thats exactly what I want to do, plus a bit more.

Here is part of the setup I'm getting in next week.

*Denon 2808

*Denon wifi ipod dock

I bought the ipod dock not to really dock my ipod on, but for the wifi capabilities to be able to access my home network to retrieve music from our computers.

Will the harmony 890 do this too? I am looking at the URC RFS200 PowerPak Bundle w/ MasterControl RF20 and PowerBlaster for $79 on amazon. Can someone tell me if this one will do what I need? If not, which one will do it for me? This remote will really only be for convenience outside. I'm not looking for one packed with features for inside my home to control my DVD player or satellite reciever. I only want this remote to:

*access music from my Denon reciever

*access my home network via the Denon wifi ipod dock

*make volume adjustments to my outdoor speakers

I am basically willing to spend whatever I need to for all of this to work. I was looking at the new Denon RC7000, but have read too many reports where it does not get good range. This is important being as I need it outside. The URC bundle on Amazon for $79 has great reviews and at a great price. I'm just wondering if it can access my home network through the wifi ipod dock.

Thanks for any and all replies and suggestions.

·
Registered
384 Posts
to access your Wifi network you will need a wifi enabled remote, Nevo is wifi based as is a couple of prontos. I dont know how far the remotes go as accessing the network but have read about people using remotes to access Ecsient and audio control music servers.

www.mynevo.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts