AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmercy /forum/post/18180043

THT above 25Hz can do it pretty easily...

I cant get my THT above 103 @ LP, however my LLTs max my meter though.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fj6474 /forum/post/18180066

Strange...have you measured freq response at your LP? What makes the THT stop at 103? Amp limitation? Distortion? Above 25Hz, THT is a monster....below 20Hz, distortion can become a serious problem if you boost too much....

JSS

·
Registered
9,351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fj6474 /forum/post/18179877

at listening position?

Sure, my old horn system did it easily in a massive open plan room with (mostly) cathedral ceilings.

The new system should do it too in the current apartment, but that's much smaller at around 52m³

·
Registered
921 Posts
I hope to someday max out REW, shack meters only go to 126...

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
My cheap line array with 4" 5 watt midranges costing a buck with PT2 tweeter

system high passed at 65hz will max out my RS SPL meter

(no subwoofers installed in this setup)

·
Registered
2,037 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fj6474 /forum/post/18180066

Sure you have a THT not a table tuba lol? I can max out my spl meter down to 16hz nearfield and get to around 119-120db at my lp as well.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmercy /forum/post/18180184

Strange...have you measured freq response at your LP? What makes the THT stop at 103? Amp limitation? Distortion? Above 25Hz, THT is a monster....below 20Hz, distortion can become a serious problem if you boost too much....

JSS

I wish I new, I will be playing with it later on in the day. All I know is that it does alot better in a different testing room on a smaller amp then in my HT room, a drastic difference with lower power.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by reecew /forum/post/18181059

Sure you have a THT not a table tuba lol? I can max out my spl meter down to 16hz nearfield and get to around 119-120db at my lp as well.

No sir, I am positive it is a THT. I bought into all the hype and it just doesnt touch my LLts in my HT room. The THT does better in my testing room with lower power?

·
Registered
985 Posts
Sounds like its sitting in a null. Can you move it a foot toward another corner?

·
Registered
2,037 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fj6474 /forum/post/18181772

No sir, I am positive it is a THT. I bought into all the hype and it just doesnt touch my LLts in my HT room. The THT does better in my testing room with lower power?

Sorry had to ask, theres alot of people who think a tuba 18 or table tube is a THT. You shouldnt be feeding it more that 28v or around 200watts anywho. This is wierd because its HYPE for a reason. Id like to hope the 10+ builders as of late wouldnt lie and post fake videos and or false info on a $400 subwoofer
. But im sure its just like the last 3 or 4 builds. The builders super unhappy thinks the THT is about the worst sub ever AND THEN they actually setup the system properly and BAM! Its all of a sudden the cats meow again
. But who knows man, sorry to hear yours didnt turn out. Hopefully it wasnt a build error and is something that can be trouble shot and fixed. Atleast you have the LLT's to fall back on
. Goodluck.

·
Registered
9,351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fj6474 /forum/post/18181758

I wish I new, I will be playing with it later on in the day. All I know is that it does alot better in a different testing room on a smaller amp then in my HT room, a drastic difference with lower power.

Not having the drawings to model it out, perhaps Fc is around 25Hz. Under Fc, you have a large driver in a small sealed box as there is no more horn loading. My LABsubs were the same from about 30Hz.

·
Registered
585 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by A9X-308 /forum/post/18183256

Not having the drawings to model it out, perhaps Fc is around 25Hz. Under Fc, you have a large driver in a small sealed box as there is no more horn loading. My LABsubs were the same from about 30Hz.

I believe Fc is supposed to be 22Hz.

Edit: Sorry, I should be more specific.

In a THT, I believe the driver should be "horn loaded" to 22Hz, and the recommended driver's Fc is at 19Hz (...the Dayton DVC...).

If this information is incorrect, someone please correct me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts