AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this seems like a bit pushy, but I want to buy a DLP Sammy to replace my Etch-A-Sketch Flat Panel, but I can't find any in Tucson, and I called Phx and of the places I called, none had any. I can find them online, but I don't want to order until I see if I see rainbows. :)

so I was wondering.... if there is anyone here I can just come look at yours? :) Or of course, if anyone knows a store in Tucson or Phx that has one, I'd be thrilled to find out.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Showcase Home Entertainment in Phoenix have the sets on display.

Closest to you is probably the Ray Road store (.5 mile East of I-10) in Chandler. If not, the Scottsdale store certainly does (in fact I tweaked it a bit, but it is hard to tell, as they are using Bug's Life). They also have the 50" that I spent a bit of time with, and it looks better, but still has animation.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was in Showcase (On Ray in Chandler) the other day, and they had both the 50" and the 43" Samsung on display. The 50" had PBS running on it. The Ultimate Electronics right behind that shopping center had one on display a while back, but I don't know if they have it anymore.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just letting you know, I ran up to Phx today and had a look at both Showcase and Ultimate and both are very nice stores. Showcase especially. There is nothing like that in Tucson... I got to see a 43 at Showcase and 50 at Ultimate. Neither had very good source material to work with, but both had a very nice picture, everything I had hoped it would be. I saw no rainbows, and neither did my wife. I did see very slightly, what I might call a halo around light dots on a dark background, but nothing to worry about, and it only saw that when moving my eyes from floor up to the tv.

I also have to say, you people in Phx are very lucky to have such a nice store. They had some really nice home theaters setup in there and I was really envious. :) Also saw the first and only time I experienced the "like looking thru the window" effect. They had Pioneer Plasma in a high end room with a progressive dvd (panasonic) playing Monsters Inc. and that was phenomenal. $8999. But all I can is wow, wow, & wow. Finally all the hype lived up to the reality.

But for 1/3 the price, the Sammy looked very good. :) Thanks all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.