AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on their website the least they want is $50, and on e-bay the prices were okay but the addresses were all oversea and the wording didn't match. Sealed DVD........This DVD in brand new but it isn't sealed, that kind of ebay seller doesn't turn me on enough to want to bid on something I really want. If you bought the The Ventures DVD where did you buy it were you sure you would get what you paid for. I would love to see Nokie Edwards and the other guys who made up "The Ventures' , next to the Beach Boys they were my favorite 1960s band. TIA :)

·
Registered
988 Posts
Though more polished, they couldn't hold a candle to the Fabulous Wailers from Tacoma (epitomized in Hendrix's Spanish Castle Magic). Ormsby, Dangel and Morrill did pre-surf music with guts. The Ventures, great guitar players that they were, IMHO sanitized the music of the times and never pushed the envelope. I've never heard of a Ventures DVD, though, quite possibly one may exist of some obscure performance. They didn't play live much.

·
Banned
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Darrel Johansen All the DVDs are from their new found home Japan, I have 27 of their 61 albums, I liked the group only I would like to see something besides hear the music. Do a image search on www.google.com and the whole first page are on The Ventures. Including their nifty looking gal on their website. I do have Dick Dales surf music, and the safaris.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.