AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the apache micro acs-200 with optical out. I can't seem to get the damn thing to work. I didn't buy a 2-pin cable for the dvd rom to the sound card but I just used one I had laying around. I don't know if it is the cable, but I don't think that it is. The applications and drivers don't give any mention to optical out capability at all. The card came with drivers for nearly all their products. The card came in a box labeled the acs-300 but the acs-200 card was in the box. I tried both drivers but nothing seems to work. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

Brian

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Don't know about the optical out or any other aspect of your sound card, but I can tell you you shouldn't need the cable from the DVD-ROM. If you use the DVD-ROM to play a DVD, the sound is part of the compressed data on the disc and has to be decompressed and decoded by the DVD playback software first, then it is passed over the PCI bus to the sound card. If you are playing a regular CD, you'll get better results from using a DAE (Digital Audio Extraction) capable player like recent Windows Media Player, Winamp, or several others. These players read the data directly from the CD and also pass it over the PCI bus to the sound card.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I'll Check it out.

brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.