AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the HD100 manual it says that the digital stations call letters cannot be changed and are broadcast by the station. Mine only list "DIGT" for the call letters. Does anyone's HD100 list the correct call letters? Just wondering if this can be related to other problems (subchannels, lip synch) that I did not have on my other STB's.

Gary

·
Registered
780 Posts
My info from Sony tech support is that it is part of a general problem with the HD100 and PSIP info, and also relates to the subchannel issue. I think the lip synch issue is something different. They said there will be a firmware fix, but that no date is scheduled. I returned my HD100 today.

I don't know where they field tested this thing, but clearly not in any of the number 1 thru 10 markets.

Tony

·
Registered
134 Posts
So is this firmware upgrade going to be send via Direct TV??

------------------

CC

·
Registered
780 Posts
When there is an update, it will come via DirecTV. I suspect it will be like the DTC-100 updates where you just need a dish pointing at the 101 satellite, but don't need a DirecTV subscription.

Tony

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Wow Tony,

You gave up. Are you going back to the Mits? I think I am going to go back to the Panny. It may have been slow and awkward, but at least the picture and sound always worked.

--Rick

·
Registered
780 Posts
I gave up for now. I may give it another shot when these bugs are fixed, but I didn't want my 30 day return window to expire with no fix in sight. I'm back on the Mits and will stay with it for a while.

Tony

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.