AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Call me crazy (and most people do), but when it is cooler in my audio listening area, my system sound better. I know that when air is cooler it becomes much denser. Perhaps this has something to do with how the sound travels. Kind of like those winter nights when you can hear just about hear a pin drop out side. Living in NH we get a lot them.

This is just my theory and I have to ask because I have never heard anyone mention it in any of the many magazines or books I have read and never in this forum during the short time I have been an AVS member.

Looking forward to your feed back.

Jonathan:confused:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Of course the atmospheric conditions (temperature, humidity and pressure) matter. How big the impact is is another issue. I'm no physicist, but I'd guess the effect on yourself is bigger; in other words, your hearing might just be better when cool.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If your know the T/S parameters for your sub you can model humidity, temperature and barometric pressure changes by downloading WinISD Pro Alpha for free.

I ran the sub enclosure in my car and saw a 0.5dB change for a 10 degree F difference. Barometric changes change the number too, but forgot to record it.

Audible? Got good ears?

BTW, been lurking, this is my first post...hope it helped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.