AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does comcast hdtv stb have antenna input for ota dtv? I currently have directv and am considering switching. At present comcast only offers cbs, nbc, pbs, show, and hbo hdtv in our area and I would need to get ota abc as well as WB, UPN and Fox.

·
Super Moderator
21,502 Posts
No- at least not on my SA 3100 HD from Comcast- so you will still need another stb for OTA antenna- either one of the DSS boxes or OTA only

I just got the Comcast HD service and it is very good (only 4 HD channels) but I am experiencing audio/video dropouts especially on NBC-HD- I don't think Comcast has a clue- they asked what dropouts were when I put in service call

Mark

·
Registered
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by markrubin
I just got the Comcast HD service and it is very good (only 4 HD channels) but I am experiencing audio/video dropouts especially on NBC-HD- I don't think Comcast has a clue- they asked what dropouts were when I put in service call

Mark
When I first got HD cable through TWC, I had rock solid audio and visual from HBO-HD and ShowtimeHD, but the local ABC affiliate's HD channel was sometimes unwatchable due to breakups/dropouts. The service reps were likewise clueless and the only suggestion was to reboot the SA3000HD or wait for a service call. I stopped by Circuit City and they had a rebate offer on a Motorola cable amp, so I tried it, knowing that I could return it if it didn't work. It worked! My guesstimate is that I had too much signal loss in the house, so the boosted signal helped out.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bmel
Does comcast hdtv stb have antenna input for ota dtv?
No.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Mark:

FYI, I also just got the SA3100-HD 1 week ago from Comcast here in Jersey, and I also get audio/video dropouts on NBC-HD. Only NBC-HD however ..

·
Super Moderator
21,502 Posts
Don S

Thanks for the confirmation- you are correct- just NBC-HD

I also notice the digital audio stream is not auto-detected on this channel unless I change channels (MC-12)

Mark Ichiyama- I tried an amp- a Digimax DA2T- same thing

I read where there are issues with the 3100 HD and Comcast is going to a newer stb, but I don't think they are available yet

I have a service call in for next week- will see what the tech says

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.