AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been a lot of talk about who would or would not benefit from the new channels on DirecTV so I thought it would be interesting to see which of us will Benefit from it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I should probably learn to spell before I post a poll that I can not go back and correct the spelling errors in.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Mullis
Can you split the poll up by station? Having CBS-HD doesn't benefit me, but having Fox-ED definately does.
I can't go back and change the poll, but I would say answer yes you benefit from the addition of the stations even if you are only benefitting from one of the two (4) stations.

·
Registered
425 Posts
OTA reception of CBS-HD is rock solid at my house here in L.A. However Fox-ED is somewhat marginal and plagued by drop outs. I can watch it reliably only when it's absolutely still outside. So, yes, I will benefit from it's inclusion in the D* line - up. The only question now, however, is what will these new local HD stations cost?

·
Registered
537 Posts
You need to add a plain old "NO" as one of the answers. I could care less about cbs or fox ed as I get them on expressvu. I also have directv and comcast....This is a huge waste of bandwidth in my opinion. So many can not even get CBS with a waiver that I would much rather have them add bravo hd or wait, but to offer a an HD station that maybe 10% of the HD set owners can get a waiver for is fricken hideous.....

·
Registered
721 Posts
I get both reliably in Denver now, but won't mind a bit to have the Westcoast feed of CBS for an additional option for time shifting.

J

·
Registered
948 Posts
I get both but CBS is less dependable than Fox OTA. However, both of my local stations do not pass 5.1 sound. With an HD-TiVo on pre-order, I would love to get both feeds from D* to eliminate reception problems and to gain 5.1 sound.

BTW, I only benefit from one because my CBS is not O & O, but my Fox station is O & O.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
WHOOPEE! Another CBS-HD thread, this time w/a POLL! ;)

Couldn't this have waited until February when the 758 folks who are asking "will I get CBS-HD" would've had the question answered? Five days...five simple days...

Brian

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I voted yes, even though CBS is available in my area with the strongest signal, the Fox-HD feed will be much more helpful where the signal takes me too much time to get running with my OTA antenna.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Is it five days or 72 hours, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Mullis
Can you split the poll up by station? Having CBS-HD doesn't benefit me, but having Fox-ED definately does.
Same here. I have CBS-DT signal to burn on my antenna, but can't get Fox-DT for the life of me. So thus only getting Fox-DT would benefit me. I didn't vote.

Rick

·
Registered
170 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jeffden
I get both reliably in Denver now, but won't mind a bit to have the Westcoast feed of CBS for an additional option for time shifting.

J
My sentiments exactly, but living in MN, I'm pretty sure I'll only get the East Coast Feed. It will be cool to have it, but I voted no (2nd option). When the HD Tivo comes out, it (the east coast feed) may come in handy, but I'm not really sure how.(???)

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
I get both OTA reliably (in L.A.), so it's not a big deal for me. I'll probably watch them OTA anyway so I'm sure I'm getting 100% uncompressed PQ

·
Registered
220 Posts
I agree with barth2k that it won't help until the HD Tivo comes out. I voted yes in anticipation of that though.

-Greg

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Yes, I will benefit because our FOX O & O airs a heavily compressed signal so I expect a better picture from D*.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Same here... i expect a better picture from D* on Fox .

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:
Originally posted by ender21
Same here. I have CBS-DT signal to burn on my antenna, but can't get Fox-DT for the life of me. So thus only getting Fox-DT would benefit me. I didn't vote.

Rick
The intent of the Poll was to see who benefitted from addig network stations even if only 1 of the two benefitted you. I would answer yes in your case, but I probably should have worded it better.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.