AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Does Denon 2910 suffer from black crush?

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Joe Murphy Jr 
#1 ·
I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has tried HDMI to DVI with the Denon 2910 (or a newer 3910 with the latest firmware) to see if black/white crush is present. I realize I could do DVI to DVI to avoid the potential problem, but it would be much easier to fish an HDMI cable through the ceiling to my HT1000, and I assume the next projector I purchase will be HDMI anyway. Thanks for the help! :)

Richard Fogg

Discussion starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the quick response(s) guys! That is what makes this forum such a great resource. Can you imagine going to the average Denon dealer and trying to get an answer to that question? Most of them would ask what black crush is and most of the rest wouldn't have had the opportunity to check out the player for that particular problem. Please, no flames here - I did say AVERAGE Denon dealer. I know there are some quality, knowledgeable dealers out there - but with the hundreds of DVD players, receivers, TVs, speakers etc. that most of these folks handle it is no wonder they can't be thoroughly up to speed on all of them. That's where good old AVS comes in.....

Richard Fogg

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.