Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I just got DirecTV installed with the express purpose of watching international cricket. I have five 8 hour segments already recorded on the DirecTV DVR. In the very near future, I would like to edit these to a manageable length (4 hours or so) and burn them on a couple of DVDs.

What are my options for doing this? Do I need to buy a DVD Recorder with a Hard Disk that allows for editing, or just get a stand alone DVD recorder, and transfer the contents by editing in real time (stopping and resuming recording).

Any help and advice with brand and model numbers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Banned
2,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajneesh
Hi guys,

I just got DirecTV installed with the express purpose of watching international cricket. I have five 8 hour segments already recorded on the DirecTV DVR. In the very near future, I would like to edit these to a manageable length (4 hours or so) and burn them on a couple of DVDs.

What are my options for doing this? Do I need to buy a DVD Recorder with a Hard Disk that allows for editing, or just get a stand alone DVD recorder, and transfer the contents by editing in real time (stopping and resuming recording).

Any help and advice with brand and model numbers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
A Directivo has no editing capabilities. If you want to edit out commercials, insert chapters, trim excess etc you need a seperate DVD recorder with a hard drive. If you just want to dump off shows from the Directivo to a DVD, you can get a recorder without a hard drive. You could "edit" in real time by pausing and skipping through the commercials via the Tivo functions, which I have done on occasion to get a quick DVD made. But for any kind of complex editing, a hard drive DVD recorder is essential.

Search the threads and do some homework, look around at various models, and then you can get answers to specific questions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.