AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I believe The Little Mermaid is already available.

Alladin is one of a selection of animation titles from the Mouse that they plan on giving the royal "Platinum" treatment. Unfortunetaly, they are only releasing one title per year.

Snow White was this years release.

Beauty and the Beast is tentatively scheduled for next year. There is rumor that The Hunchback of Notre Dame will also be coming next year. Though, I don't believe it is included in their Platinum line.

Aladdin is tentative for for 2003.

And, The Lion King is tentative for 2004.

Chad

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
I won't be buying Aladdin on DVD unless Disney restores the missing singing scene near the beginning of the movie...just like is seen on the first laserdisc batch they put out years ago (I still got my copy).

Have had enough of Disney's historic revisionism of their past works already...

-THTS

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
The release this year of Snow White is also non-anamorphic. I usually purchse the Disney releases, but I've grown tired of the double purchases, so I'm waiting for the anamorphic version or nothing at all..

ken

·
Registered
135 Posts
"...so I'm waiting for the anamorphic version or nothing at all..."

- a) You're joking, yes? In that case: ahahahahaha!...

- b) you're serious? In that case you should know that Snow White was originally released in 1937, some fifteen years before the arrival of CinemaScope and other such widescreen processes. In other words, SW&T7D was released with AR 1.33:1... in order to make an anamorphic transfer of a 1.33:1 (or 1.37:1) movie, that movie would have to be 'windowboxed' - this would result in LOWER RESOLUTION compared to a straight 1-to-1 transfer...

...other Disney titles that have been or will be released as correctly-framed non-anamorphic 1.33:1 transfers: Fantasia (1940), Pinocchio (1940), Dumbo (1941), Bambi (1942), Saludos Amigos (1943) all the way up to Lady And The Tramp (1955 - Disney's first widescreen animated feature)...

(signed) Passing Pedant

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
European-

Yes, I was joking. I already have Snow White and all of the other Disney movies you listed (that are released - VHS on those not yet DVDed).

I make my own anamorphic version of them with my ISCO lens; unfortunately when I get done all the dwarfs are even shorter!

ken:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.