AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or does this funcition not work coreectly? I would like my UTV to take a peek at my history not "My SHows" before it decides to record or not. This is so simple, or am i just missing something? What the heck why does it continue to record things i just watched 2 days ago, it really should look in the history. Can anyone help me? Im sick of deleting the sopranos 4 times a week, or any recorded series for that matter.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I'm with you, that is my Number 1 complaint with the UTV.

And yeah, the Sopranos is what causes it! ;)

Matt

·
Registered
592 Posts
I agree that it is an annoyance, but the opposite would/could be just as annoying. For example, if I had a glitch in a show (power outage, rain outage, no DD that day, etc.), I want to delete that recording and try again. Somehow they need to tweek this feature to check History for re-recording, but still allow something to be "forced" to re-record. -TJ

·
Registered
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by niceguy25
Is it just me or does this funcition not work coreectly?
Hard to say. Last time I investigated, there was absolutely no documentation anywhere that explained what it was supposed to do. I even called UTV, and they couldn't explain it, either.

So maybe it works as designed. :) In which case it was designed very poorly.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's a poorly implemented feature, tivo does this better. Your utv will avoid recording a repeat,
only if the show is identified as a repeat in the guide data. It doesn't work if the guide data

gods were lazy and did not flag the episode as a repeat. Real-life perfomance is that it

doesn't work most of the time.

·
Registered
524 Posts
amen... ;)

It works if you don't delete the show after viewing it and set keep to (1). You should never have more than one hour set aside for the series assuming it's a one hour show to begin with.

Also Tivo use to assume a show is a repeat if the air date didn't fall in the current season.. last year for example.. One of our Tivo friends perhaps can confirm this ... :)

·
Registered
17,582 Posts
You absolutely have to select Do Not Record Repeats when you initially set up the auto record. You can't set it up, then go back and set it to not record repeats - not sure why that is. If you change your mind, you have to delete the auto record and set it up again and select the box to not record repeats. However, like meantioned above, it will still record a repeat that is not labeled as such.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wrb
Also Tivo use to assume a show is a repeat if the air date didn't fall in the current season.. last year for example.. One of our Tivo friends perhaps can confirm this ... :)
I used to have a stand-alone TiVo, and I don't remember this. That must have been early 2001. I thought the TiVo decided based solely on whether it had recorded that episode in the last thirty days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.