AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have cablevision and a scientific arlanta hd box with a dvi output it was working fine till last week with my westinghouse 22 monitor w. dvi using a dvi/dvi cord. now i get screen with dvi/hdmi copy protection. i got a new cable box w hdmi output used a hdmi/dvi cord and get screen not hdcp compliant . did the dvi to dvi connection originally have a handshake and if it did how did it work if monitor not hdcp compliant?

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
The HDCP copy protection is the same regardless of the connection. It sounds like your monitor is not HDCP compliant and copy protection has now been invoked by your cable company.

·
Registered
269 Posts
That is correct. Both DVI & HDMI are very similar in that they both require handshakes for reading a display's capabilities, and to perform the HDCP authentication & encryption. If your display is a PC monitor without HDCP support, then it does sound from your description that the STB is beginning to recognize HDCP support and act accordingly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.