AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking bout going for the 5025. Wondering if it has the firmware update that the 5030 received for detail enhancement.

Any owners or folks in the know with some info?

Thanks

Reactions: EmmaDarknet

·
Registered
576 Posts
Funny you should ask. I just purchased the 5025 and was wondering the same. Since the picture is absolutely beautiful and extremely detailed with the super-resolution set at 3 I thought it might already have the enhancement. However the firmware version is 1.10 on the 5025, on the 5030 the enhanced version is 1.11. So I wrote Epson to ask if I could upgrade to version 1.11. Here is the final reply from Epson after a few conversations:

Dear John,

"I got an update from the Epson Home Entertainment Projector Product Marketing Team
Your HC 5025UB already has Super Resolution with Detail Enhancement technology from time of launch!
Sorry I missed this , my mistake. You have the most current FW version for your model V1.10

The only thing FW v1.11 did was added the Detail Enhancement feature to the HC 5030, & PC 4030/6030 as they had already been launched when we came out with this technology.

So your 5025UB doesn't need FW 1.11 , and please do not be concerned with the difference in FW version numbers. You have all the features you are suppose to already.

Hope this clears it up."

Thank you
Epson

So the 5025 is everything the 5030 is right down to the enhanced firmware minus 200 unneeded lumens. The picture truly is stunning even when using Directv as the source. BluRay is incredible especially 3D. Hope this helps with your decision.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny you should ask. I just purchased the 5025 and was wondering the same. Since the picture is absolutely beautiful and extremely detailed with the super-resolution set at 3 I thought it might already have the enhancement. However the firmware version is 1.10 on the 5025, on the 5030 the enhanced version is 1.11. So I wrote Epson to ask if I could upgrade to version 1.11. Here is the final reply from Epson after a few conversations:

Dear John,

"I got an update from the Epson Home Entertainment Projector Product Marketing Team
Your HC 5025UB already has Super Resolution with Detail Enhancement technology from time of launch!
Sorry I missed this , my mistake. You have the most current FW version for your model V1.10

The only thing FW v1.11 did was added the Detail Enhancement feature to the HC 5030, & PC 4030/6030 as they had already been launched when we came out with this technology.

So your 5025UB doesn't need FW 1.11 , and please do not be concerned with the difference in FW version numbers. You have all the features you are suppose to already.

Hope this clears it up."

Thank you
Epson

So the 5025 is everything the 5030 is right down to the enhanced firmware minus 200 unneeded lumens. The picture truly is stunning even when using Directv as the source. BluRay is incredible especially 3D. Hope this helps with your decision.
Thanks for your response John. Very helpful.

·
Premium Member
Optoma UHD65, Oppo 203, Tonewinner AT-300, 2 - Outlaw 7000X, AppleTV 4K, 120” Screen, 2 SVS PC 16/46
255 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. Thank you!

I think I am going to order the 5025!

Jeff

·
Premium Member
Optoma UHD65, Oppo 203, Tonewinner AT-300, 2 - Outlaw 7000X, AppleTV 4K, 120” Screen, 2 SVS PC 16/46
255 Posts
Now that I have received the projector. It does in fact have the 'Super Resolution' feature. It even has a separate button on the remote to adjust it.

Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts